True love shines through now matter what, and it was simply beaming on Susan and Theuns’ wedding day hosted at Cabbage & Rose Country Venue in Middelburg, Mpumalanga. This idyllic venue with it’s uniquer charm was the perfect setting for this fantastic couple to say their ‘I do’s’ to a new chapter in their lives.
Weddings are always a happy event with families and friends coming to celebrate two people coming together. Bianca and Perry’s wedding was more than that- it was joyous with this awesome couple beaming throughout the entire day.
By far one of my favorite South African wedding venues, Cabbage and Rose Country Venue was the setting for Steffanie and David’s recent Autumn wedding. It truly was the picture perfect day with Baroque inspired decor, and the most gorgeous wedding ceremony finished off with a fun-filled reception.
photographer- Bronwyn Katzke Photography // second shooter- Reinette van Dyk // makeup- Reinette van Dyk Makeup Artistry // Hair- Bianca Roos // Venue- Cabbage & Rose Country Venue // Flowers- Louise Eichner Fine Flowers Decor and Event Design // Live Music- Faraway George // DJ- AMA Productions
Times change and in today’s digital age, they change pretty fast. One of those changes I’ve embraced is online digital gallery delivery for my clients, and now for my wedding clients too. Now I know some wedding clients may be hesitant of online photo delivery, thinking that good ‘ol USB or CD delivery is still the way to go. Well, let me change your mind:
- Custom branded and handmade USB and CD sets don’t come cheap. This is an expense that is factored into package pricing and does push up the package fee; needless to say, a digital gallery doesn’t carry these costs, making packages more affordable.
- Typically, once your wedding photos are ready you have the option to collect from my studio or have them couriered if you live outside of Middelburg; this means more waiting for your wedding photos. With an online gallery, your photos can be delivered to you as soon as they’re ready wherever you are, even if you’re still on honeymoon.
- You have to admit, the process of getting photos from your USB to your phone to share your photos isn’t exactly easy and takes up your time. With an online gallery, that whole process is non-existent as your photos can be easily shared with friends and family, and to social media platforms. Plus your photos are there on your phone, ready to show off within a few taps.
- When it comes to sharing your photos, your gallery has an option to curate your photos, hiding the ones you prefer to be just for the two of you so they remain visible only to you. Having a download pin also means that you have full control over who can actually download your photos too. Additionally, your gallery is 100% password protected and hosted on secure servers; that means your photos are only visible to you and who you choose to share them with.
- Within your gallery is an online store where you can easily order prints, canvases and albums without all the unnecessary back and forth via email, making the whole process simple and effortless.
Still not fully convinced? Then you’re always welcome to purchase a custom branded, handmade USB set as an add-on to your wedding package. This set includes a 16GB USB and 10x15cm memory box that you can store jumbo prints and trinkets from your special day.
I probably say it more than I need to but, I love weddings. They are magical and wonderful, and I count myself as lucky to capture them. Now, I’m sure I’m not alone in that sentiment and I know there are plenty of fantastically talented, Middelburg wedding vendors who feel the same; wedding vendors who are driven by passion to give of their best to couples locally and beyond.
It’s vendors like that, that keep our local wedding industry booming as they don’t just share their talents with clients but also referrals to fellow vendors- it’s when vendors support each other that the industry grows. This winter I want to continue that support and offer something special for my fellow Middelburg wedding vendors.
After recently being reminded that a good headshot is essential in the digital age so that my clients can get a clear idea of who I am and what I look like, I’d love to offer local wedding vendors a complimentary mini headshot session. In that way, I get to give something back to local vendors as well as connect with new ones who I can refer my own couples to as they plan their big day.
This 15 minute studio session with 2 fully edited digital photos is open to the following vendors:
- Venue Owners & Managers
- Wedding Planners
- Wedding Stationery Designers
- Makeup Artists
- Hair Stylists
- DJ’s & Musicians
If you’d love to connect with me and take me up on my offer of a complimentary studio headshot session, then I would love to hear from you on email@example.com or 0790865779 during office hours. Please be sure to share a link to your website and social media when contacting me- as much as I would love to whole-heartedly trust everyone who contacts me, unfortunately there are people out there who do take advantage of people offering something for free.
Based in Middelburg, Mpumalanga, Bronwyn is a full-time photographer and art lover.
When she’s not in studio photographing portraits or out capturing weddings, you’ll find her in her office retouching her latest work. In her downtime she loves gardening or curling up with a cat on her lap for family movie nights.