For the longest time I have found inspiration in art, with quite a few paintings that have just really ‘stuck’ in my mind. One such artwork is Sir John Everett Millais’ painting, Ophelia; based on the character of the same name from Shakespeare’s Hamlet. Whether it’s the water, the flowers or the forlorn expression on the young woman’s face; it’s a painting that is just beautiful and I’ve always wanted to explore some of those elements in my work.
Having made the decision to be more creative this year, an Ophelia-inspired session was definitely a must. So this week I made the plunge and together with my 2018 brand ambassador, Elzaane, we created something beautiful in studio. Yes, you read correct- in studio is where we created these images!
If you’d like to see yourself as the beautiful woman you are, surrounded my floating flowers and wading in water, then email me on email@example.com or call 0790865779 during office hours to book your own session.
“A flower blossoms for it’s own joy.” – Oscar Wilde
I consider myself lucky to have a really close-knit group of friends who also happen to be photographers. Over the years they’ve heard some of my more, shall we say, outlandish ideas for photoshoots. Then sometimes, they do more than just listen, they put themselves in front of the camera for a change to try some of my ideas out. One of those recent ventures was the Flower Fields concept.
With having had my awesomely talented photographer/makeup artist friend and her daughter in front of my lens, it was time to try more. Luckily, my equally other awesome photographer friend volunteered her adorable daughters.
With the Flower Fields concept proving to be a hit, it was time for one more session in studio, this time with the gorgeous Milné. Reinette van Dyk of Joli Visage Makeup Artistry did a stunning rose gold inspired look and we then got to creating some beautifully feminine photos.
If you’ve fallen in love with these sessions like I have, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your own.
Everyday so many women are wrapped up in being all things for everyone in their lives, they forget to be there for themselves, to put themselves first for a change; and that’s where I’d love to help them.
I’d love to give two lucky women the chance to see their best selves and rediscover their beauty with a full studio session and professional makeup. So to start off 2018 I’m running a giveaway on my Facebook page that offers two winners each the following to the value of R1850:
- professional makeup by Reinette van Dyk
- 45 – 60 minute studio session
- 10 high resolution images
If you’d like to stand a chance of winning, it’s as easy as ensuring you ‘like’ my page and Reinette van Dyk’s makeup artistry page and tagging five friends in the comments of this post. Two winners will be selected by random draw on the 15 January 2018 and announced on the Facebook page.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is in no way affiliated with Facebook or its partners and is open to all women over the age of 18 residing in South Africa.
- The prize is for one R1850 voucher to be used towards a standard portrait session in studio only with makeup being done by Reinette van Dyk- discounts and special offers will not apply. It is not redeemable for cash nor prints. Any services booked using the voucher are subject to standard service terms and conditions. The voucher will expire and be null and void on 28 February 2018.
- Only entries that have liked the pages and tagged 5 friends in the comments section will be considered valid entries. Additional entries can be earned by sharing the pinned post.
- The competition closes 12pm, 15 January 2018 and a winner will be selected via random draw and announced on the Facebook page on 15 January 2018 at 1pm.
- Booking is subject to availability and within Middelburg, Mpumalanga only.
- The winners will be required to provide a testimonial post-session for use in promotional materials.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
Growing up on the coast means that as I spent as much time as possible in the water; yes, even winters were spent at the beach! I love being in the water and have always wanted to bring that love to my photography, and I finally did just that right here in Middelburg.
The water was freezing and the air chilly, but I loved this session and it really sparked something in me; so much so that I definitely want to do more water sessions. If you’re interested in doing something different this summer, then contact me on email@example.com or 0790865779.
Makeup: Joli Visage Makeup Artistry
Wardrobe: Bronwyn Katzke
Based in Middelburg, Mpumalanga, Bronwyn is a full-time photographer and art lover.
When she’s not in studio photographing portraits or out capturing weddings, you’ll find her in her office retouching her latest work. In her downtime she loves gardening or curling up with a cat on her lap for family movie nights.