Once the I do’s are said and the night partied away, there’s not much left from your wedding day aside from your new husband or wife and your wedding photos; hence the reason why choosing the right photographer and package for you is so important. However in the planning phase of your wedding finding that photographic fit can be an overwhelming task given how saturated this creative industry is- just how do you choose not just a photographer who ‘gets’ you as a couple, but also a package best suited to your needs?
What makes my packages different
After years of photographing weddings I started to notice a few trends. Some of my clients wanted a more fly-on-the-wall approach to their wedding day coverage, documenting the day as it unfolds with plenty of candid photos. Other clients wanted to craft a story for their day, with styling specific elements and a heavy hand to posing. Differences in taste also held true for post production; some preferred minimal editing and others wanted the full treatment, including high end retouching. One major similarity to all my different clients’ needs? They wanted me specifically to capture their wedding day.
To ensure I catered to everyone’s needs I changed up my wedding packages based on the type of coverage and editing wanted, ensuring there are just the right amount of coverage hours included and a corresponding amount of edited photos. For 2019 I now offer three full packages:
- Documentary Package: The six hours included in this package are plenty to cover the natural flow to the day and is perfect for couples wanting candid photos with no posing or styling, and very little editing.
- Storyteller Packages: These packages focus on creating a picture-perfect story to your wedding day, balancing documentary coverage and styled/posed images. There are two options for this package with the 6 hour package being better suited to smaller weddings and the 8 hour package ideal for weddings with a larger wedding party. Post production on these packages include more editing to help tell the story of your perfect day.
- Artistic Package: For couples that want unique images for their walls and album, this package’s ten hours of coverage is perfect. It allows plenty of time for more demanding styling and setting up of images, which are then enhanced in post production with hours and hours of work.
Choosing your perfect package
Choosing the package right for you is as easy as asking yourself what you’re looking for when it comes to your photos and what aspects of your wedding day are most important. Knowing the answers to the following points will help give you an idea:
- What is the focus of your wedding day; is it about celebrating with friends and family or more about being your perfect fairytale day?
- How do you want to remember the day; as it happened or rather an interpretation?
- What do you want captured on the day; absolutely everything or just the important elements?
- Think about who you and your partner are as a couple and the kind of images you want of the two of you: romantic, fun, shy, emotive or any other describing words will help you find the right package for you.
- How much editing do you prefer? Do you prefer lighter editing that is closer to life or a more stylised look that includes fine tuned editing of the details too.
Once you have an idea of your wedding day needs, you can view my wedding packages right here on my website by clicking/tapping here.
If you find you’re still stuck on what to choose, you’re always welcome to email email@example.com or whatsapp 0790865779 (during office hours) and I’d be happy to help you. Once you find the right package for you, you’re also welcome to upgrade it with additional hours and edited photos.