Not every mom-to-be feels beautiful during their pregnancy; you feel like a beached whale, that ‘pregnancy glow’ is just pure sweat and the last thing you want is for it to be caught on camera! I know, ’cause that’s exactly how I felt when I was pregnant. A decade later and I feel differently when thinking back; and I wish I could say ‘looking back’ because I don’t have any photos of such monumental times in my life.
Here’s why you shouldn’t do what I did and avoid the camera, but instead give it a chance and embrace the idea of a maternity photoshoot.
- You’re only pregnant maybe one or two times in your entire life. If you want to do the math, the average woman who has one child only spends 1% of her life pregnant, with the ideal period of time for a photoshoot accounting for 0,01% of her life. Surely such an important milestone that accounts for a teeny-tiny period of time deserves to be documented?
- Each pregnancy is different; you may carry differently, feel differently and may just have a completely different experience from a previous pregnancy. By having quality photos of each pregnancy you can have those permanent memories of the unique experience of each.
- Morning sickness, aches and pains, and just the general bleh feeling that can accompany pregnancy are just the reason you should book a maternity session. Give yourself an excuse to be pampered! Book a makeup artist, wear something that makes you feel gorgeous and enjoy a maternity photoshoot where the focus is on you for a change.
- A maternity photoshoot can be a great way to bond as a family if baby is going to be joining a sibling or two. Siblings get to feel a part of baby’s arrival and once your baby is older, you’ll have beautiful photos to show just how anticipated they were.
- A professional maternity photoshoot is not as expensive as you think. It costs nowhere near as much as your wedding day, and yet it’s just as memorable a milestone in your life deserving of quality photos you can treasure for the rest of your life.
Have I swayed your opinion on booking your maternity photoshoot? Contact me on 0790865779 or info@bronwynkatzkephotography for more details about my packages and the gorgeous maternity gowns you get to wear for your photoshoot.